By using www.SMACNA.org, you accept the practices described in this Policy.
The Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors’ National Association ("SMACNA", “we” or “us”) may amend this Policy at any time; we will provide you with notice when the changes are material. Changes to this Policy may affect the way we use the information collected about you, including personal data provided by or collected from you. Please visit our website to obtain current information about our Policy
WHAT WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
SMACNA collects information to provide you with the best products, services and experiences we can, and to ensure our website is operating efficiently. The information we collect generally falls into two categories: (1) personal data about you that you voluntarily provide to us (“personal data”), and (2) tracking information collected as you navigate through SMACNA operated applications and websites (“tracking information”).
We may collect and store your personal data whenever you do the following:
- Create an account on our website, update your profile, register for an event, or register for a webinar, webcast or other learning vehicle. We collect information such as your name, company, mailing address, email address, and phone number. We use this information to process your request, as well as for analytics and market research to provide services and benefits to you.
We also endeavor to collect demographic information such as educational information, gender, race/ethnicity, country of origin, language fluency, employment status and work address. This is personal data you voluntarily provide, and you may update or delete at any time. We use this demographic information to help SMACNA better understand and service its members, including performing analytics and market research.
- Purchase our products or services. When you purchase products or services from us through the website, we will collect the personal data needed (such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, and credit card number) to process and communicate with you about your order. Purchase information will include financial information as well as information concerning the content and time of the purchase.
- Complete a survey. We collect various information depending on the nature of the survey, which may include your name, mailing address, title, employer, email address, and phone number. How this personal data and your survey responses will be used by the SMACNA is disclosed in the survey itself.
- Sign up for a newsletter or express interest in volunteering for SMACNA. Among other items, we may collect your name, title, company name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. We use this information to process your request.
SMACNA uses trusted third-party vendors to help us collect, store and process the personal data you share with us. Our vendors process your personal data and tracking information in accordance with our instructions, this Policy, and applicable privacy laws and regulations.
AGGREGATE AND COMPUTER- RELATED INFORMATION
When you use the website and other SMACNA operated applications, we may collect tracking information such as your browser type, the type of operating system you use, your IP address, device identifiers and features, the name of your Internet service provider, and pages visited on the website. If you visit our website or other SMACNA operated applications from a location-enabled device, that device will send us data about your location based on your device settings. We collect this information for aggregate reporting on website activity and for identifying possible sources of website abuse or malicious activity. For example, we may want to know how long the average user spends on the website or which pages or features get the most attention.
When we collect this tracking information, we endeavor to remove any identifying elements by combining it with information about other individuals and/or by removing characteristics that make the information personally identifiable to you. SMACNA reserves the right to share with third parties anonymous, aggregated information about you and other visitors to our website. We share this information to improve our website, analyze usage trends, and develop content and services that may be of interest to you.
SHARING YOUR DATA
Except as provided below, SMACNA does not share your personal data with third parties without your consent.
- When you become a member, we include the information you designate in the Member Directory, a publicly accessible online resource. You may limit the information available in the directory.
- We may also disclose information about your membership status to third parties, including employers and prospective employers, upon request.
- We share your personal data with sponsors, partners, and exhibitors who participate in SMACNA conferences, programs, and events.
- We may display personal data about you as a member, customer, or user in our private online communities, forums, collaboration tools, and member portal(s) (“Private Online Services”). The information displayed about you in the Private Online Services may include your name, mailing address, email address, social networks and e-Learning courses. You may limit the information displayed in these Private Online Services by changing your privacy preferences.
- We may disclose your personal data to third parties with your consent.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We aim to provide you with easy access to your personal data. If you need to review, change, or update your personal information, you can do so by logging into your SMACNA.org account. Alternatively, you can send an email to email@example.com, or by calling us at (703) 803-2980, or write to us at Attn: Membership Department., 4201 Lafayette Center Drive., Chantilly, VA, 20151.
Due to production, mailing, and system timelines, it may take a few days to process a request to update your preferences and personal data.
If you do not want to receive marketing emails from us, you can opt out by visiting SMACNA’s Manage Your Profile page. A link to manage your marketing preferences is included in the footer of every SMACNA marketing email.
Even if you opt out of marketing emails, we may still communicate with you for other purposes related to your membership and/or transactions initiated by you, such as new or existing orders and purchases; governance related information and changes; for customer service purposes; regarding your membership; and/or for other activities where SMACNA has a legitimate business or legal purpose for contacting you.
If you have a question about our Policy, please contact us at (703) 803-2980 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
The website has industry standard security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. While there is no such thing as "perfect security" on the Internet, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of your personal information. We periodically review our information collection, storage and processing
Our Sites are not directed to children under the age of 13, if you are not 13 years or older, do not use our Site. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If we learn that Personal Data of persons less than 13 years-of-age has been collected through our Site, we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child or a minor under the age of 13 has posted, submitted or otherwise communicated Personal Data to our Site without your consent, then you may alert us at email@example.com so that we may take appropriate action to remove the minor's Personal Data from our systems.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
The website may also contain links to other third party websites that are not under our control. These websites may have their own policies or no policies at all, regarding privacy. You should review these policies before providing information to these websites. SMACNA has no responsibility for linked websites, and provides these links solely for the convenience of our website visitors.
YOUR EUROPEAN RIGHTS
FOR EUROPEAN RESIDENTS ONLY. You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your Personal Data) if we intend to use your Personal Data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Personal Data. You can also exercise the right by contacting us using the Contact Us section on our website.
Under European data protection law, in certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access to your Personal Data. You may have the right to request access to any Personal Data we hold about you as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the Personal Data, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the Personal Data has been shared, where possible, the period for which the Personal Data will be stored, the source of the Personal Data, and the existence of any automated decision making.
- Request correction of your Personal Data. You may have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate Personal Data we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data. You may have the right to request that Personal Data held about you is deleted.
- Object to processing of your Personal Data. You may have the right to prevent or restrict processing of your Personal Data.
- Request restriction of processing your Personal Data Request transfer of your Personal Data. You may have the right to request transfer of Personal Data directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
- Withdraw your consent
In addition, where you believe that SMACNA has not complied with its obligations under this Notice or European law, you have the right to make a complaint to an EU Data Protection Authority, such as the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.