The educational program for the SMACNA Annual Convention has been finalized. Our exciting roster of speakers include:
- Jake Wood. Co-Founder and CEO of Team Rubicon and 2018 ESPY Service Award recipient
- Steve Pemberton. Best-selling Author and subject of a major motion picture (A Chance in the World) and champion of the Workhuman movement
- Nick Espinoza. Cyber security and network infrastructure expert and industry advisor on the future of technology for business
- Josh Sundquist. Paralympian, Motivational Speaker and best-selling author
- Joseph Sellers. SMART General President
- Joan Ryan. Award-winning journalist, author and pioneer in sports journalism
- Steve Taylor. Renowned engineer and IAQ expert
- Ronald Grassi. Business tax expert and In addition to his CPA licensure, Ron holds distinction as one of the first in the country to earn the exclusive designation of Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional (CCIFP).
Visit the convention website for the full speaker roster and detailed bios.
The prospect of eased travel restrictions to Hawaii has led to an increased level of tourism that is impacting our event, namely hotel accommodations availability.
- SMACNA’s room blocks at both the Grand Wailea and the Marriot are completely sold out and a waiting list has been established.
- Neither the Marriot nor the Grand Wailea have any rooms available immediately before, during or after our event.
- Several nearby hotels, including the Residence Inn, Four Seasons and the Fairmont, are currently showing some availability, however rates are much higher due to the demand. Check the links for up-to-date information.
- A scan of nearby rental properties indicates a number of homes and condos are available as well. Check for rates and availability using these links.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ
TO BE ADDED TO THE HOTEL WAIT LIST, YOU MUST DO THE FOLLOWING:
To place yourself on the wait list at either Grand Wailea or Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott Maui, please do not select the ‘Hotel Registration Opt Out’ option when prompted. Proceed to the housing page and select the “waitlist” button next to the room selection of your choice.
Please note: A waitlist confirmation is not a room reservation. SMACNA is working hard to secure additional rooms; however, to protect yourself and guarantee you have a hotel accommodations, we recommend booking a room on your own at an alternate hotel of your choice. If a room at the convention hotel becomes available, you can then cancel your other reservation.
TO FIND ANOTHER HOUSING SOLUTION
Should you need assistance in finding additional hotel options, please contact the SMACNA Meetings department at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the unlikely event you have been moved off the waitlist, SMACNA Registration and Housing will contact you.
TO NOT BE ADDED TO THE HOTEL WAIT LIST
If you do not wish to be placed on the waitlist or choose to book a room on your own, please select the ‘Hotel Registration Opt Out’ prompt when registering.
Hawaii COVID-19 Travel Information:
Hawaii has announced a plan to ease travel restrictions keyed to the percentage of the Hawaii residents that have been vaccinated. According to the latest information, requirements for testing prior to travel may be lifted once the Hawaii vaccination rate reaches 70%. THIS SITUATION IS FLUID. PLEASE CHECK OFFICIAL STATE TRAVEL INFORMATION PRIOR TO TRAVEL.
While the situation on Maui with event capacity restrictions and social distancing requirements is less clear, SMACNA is committed to providing as much access to convention sessions and activities as legally permissible under regulations and health orders in effect at the time of the event.