About the Program
This program focuses on planned exit options and helps business owners develop a personalized exit plan.
This intensive two-day program will cover:
- owner readiness
- business readiness
- market readiness
- exit options
- the sales process
- legal and tax consequences
Participants will learn what choices are available to them and the realistic expectations and consequences of transferring ownership of your business. Additionally, all participants will develop their own personal action plans that can be fully tracked and monitored.
Learn the three keys to a planned exit:
- Owner Readiness Process – personal financial plan, lifestyle plan, and emotional preparedness
- Business Readiness Process – review, assess and evaluate: sales, marketing, operations, org chart, financials and withdrawal liability
- Market Readiness – valuation, financing, deal structure, and buyer types (financial vs. strategic)
Selecting a planned exit option:
- Voluntary – family transition, ESOP, 3rd party sale, dissolution
- Involuntary – death, divorce, departure, disability
Designing your planned exit:
- Align with your original objective – still on track?
- Decide your best option – how to best prepare the business
- Consider the deal structure
Participants will learn about:
- Options available
- Where to start
- Additional resources available
- Education: learn why planning for an ownership transfer and a correct valuation of your business is crucial.
- Action Items: necessary steps to create a planned exit.
- Tools: how to accomplish your task lists in the plan.
- Resources: who you should call on for assistance during your planned exit process.
- Confidence: Learn from colleagues that have already gone through this process of how and when to start planning your exit.
Who Should Attend
Current business owners who are within five years (preferably) of a planned exit or retirement. Enrollment in this program will be limited to 30 participants with a maximum of three from one company.
Stay tuned for registration details!