Jason Watson is the Executive Director of Labor Relations for the Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors’ National Association (SMACNA). He has more than two decades of experience working with labor unions. In his role as Executive Director, Jason administers national labor agreements and specialty agreements covering over 4,000 contractors and 70,000 plus building trades’ union members, serves as chief management spokesperson in industry labor negotiations and arbitration hearings, and develops and implements the Association bargaining objectives and strategies.
He provides labor relations and legal advice to contractors and local chapters engaged in labor negotiations and is charged with the chief responsibility of planning and conducting educational programs to improve industry national and local labor-management relations.
He is a member of the following Labor/Management Committees:
- Management Co-Chair – National Joint Adjustment Board
- Management Co-Chair – SMACNA/SMART Sheet Metal National Labor Management Cooperation Fund
He has additional responsibilities as SMACNA Liaison to:
- Chair – SMACNA Labor Committee
- Administrator – SMACNA College of Fellows Scholarship Foundation
- Management Task Force Member – SMACNA/SMART Best Practices Market Expansion Task Force
- Member – Plan for Jurisdictional Disputes
Prior to joining SMACNA he was an Associate with the Carmen Group, a government relations consulting firm, in Washington, D.C. His experience also includes work as a legislative assistant with the Association of American Railroads where he interacted regularly with rail labor unions.
Mr. Watson holds a Masters’ degree in Business from the State University of New York Polytechnic Institute and a Bachelors’ degree in Political Science from Cazenovia College.